Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ITALY!!!

So Lisa and I are planning a trip to Italy next year and we can't wait! We are hoping to take some time over the Spring break to go. It will be pretty expensive but we figure we won't have the opportunity to go once I'm done with my B.S. and start Graduate school because we'd also like to start a family soon so we are going to jump at the chance to go! We want to go for a week and visit Rome, Vienna, Tuscany, and other places that are rather unknown. This has renewed my desire to learn Italian as well. I took a semester of Italian in college my first year but I never took another semester or used it but now I'd like to try it again since it will actually come in handy in the future.

I'm super excited about going to Europe first but Italy is somewhere that I've wanted to go for a long time. I don't know what it is, it's just the most attractive place to me in all of Europe. I wanted to serve my mission there and that's why I took Italian that first semester out of high school and everyone knows how that worked out... I went to Las Vegas where they have plenty of Italians... well not really but they have the Venetian... but I never saw it. I have no ties there, no family that lives, no ancestors from there (that I know of), no friends have been there, it's just a beautiful mystery and that's part of the attraction!

2 comments:

Grammy Van said...

Wow! That sounds wonderful! My dream trip is to Scotland! Some day maybe Dad & I will go there. Hey - Mission call???? Love you.

Laura said...

I think that sounds great! I keep hoping Eric will get stationed somewhere in Europe and we can travel all around. But knowing our luck we will be stuck at Fort Benning the rest of his career. :)